For more information, please contact
Janelle Edlefsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Angela Daniels
Auction Committee (Positions open in all areas)
- Committee responsible for coordinating the Annual
Auction and Parent Social fundraiser.
- Event Management, Fundraising, Ticket Sales,
Donation Presentation, etc.
Curriculum Crafts (K Coordinator needed)
- Coordinates and supports curriculum-related craft
projects grades K-3
- For Kindergarten this includes supporting crafts
for the Chicken Festival.
- There are two coordinators for each
Directory (2 positions open)
- Communicate with school to update online directory
at the beginning of the year and as new students arrive.
- Coordinate sales and distribution of printed
Educational Enrichment (K and 5th Grade Coordinators needed)
- Works with the teachers and administration to
identify enrichment programs that match the curriculum and goals of the school.
Field Day Committee (1 position open)
- Organize Field Day fun stations.
- Coordinate volunteers to run
- Identify viable grant opportunities for Nixon and lead the effort to secure such
Book Fair Committee (2-3 positions open)
- Coordinate and run the Fall and Spring Book
- Handle sales, marketing, and scheduling
METCO Liaisons (2 positions)
- Organize events for our Boston students and their
Sudbury friends, including METCO play dates at Nixon (3-4 per year).
- Work with District METCO Director to help connect
Boston and Sudbury families through education.
Monster Mash Committee (Positions in many areas open)
- Committee responsible for coordinating and running
Monster Mash. Areas include:
- Games, crafts, fortune telling, bake sale, cake
walk, costume contest, decorating, etc.
New Family Committee (1 position open)
- Coordinate Kindergarten Orientation (early June)
and New Family Orientation (late August).
- Arrange the Boo-Hoo! Woo-Hoo! Kindergarten Parent
breakfast on the first day of school.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to new families that join
Nixon Gear (1 position open)
- Order and maintain inventory for Nixon promotional
- Sell gear at various times during the year and at
chosen Nixon events.
Picture Day Coordinators (1 position open)
- Act as a liaison with the vendor of Photography for
our school photos.
- On school picture day, assist photographers and
help coordinate volunteers.
Science Fair Committee (2-3 positions open, including Co-Chair)
- This team works to coordinate all aspects of the
annual Science Fair.
- Responsibilities include: updating the
Science Fair website, publicizing the event, recruiting volunteer scientists for the Fair planning set up logistics.
Social Committee (2-3
- Helps to run the annual Family Picnic in September,
Pasta Night in November and Movie Night in January.
Wings of Wisdom Coordinator (1 position open)
- This is a 4th grade parent that helps
coordinate the annual Wings of Wisdom (5th grade graduation) ceremony breakfast.
Yearbook (All grade level photographers open)
- Chair person works with yearbook company to produce
and distribute the school yearbook.
- Photographers for each grade level attend events
and submit photos for inclusion in yearbook.