For more information, please contact
Janelle Edlefsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Angela Daniels
- Committee responsible for coordinating the Annual
Auction and Parent Social fundraiser.
- Event Management, Fundraising, Ticket Sales,
Donation Presentation, etc.
Curriculum Crafts (Grade K)
- Coordinates and supports curriculum-related craft
projects grades K-3
- For Kindergarten this includes supporting crafts
for the Chicken Festival.
- There are two coordinators for each
- Communicate with school to update online directory
at the beginning of the year and as new students arrive.
- Coordinate sales and distribution of printed
Educational Enrichment (Grades 2 and 5)
- Works with the teachers and administration to
identify and institute enrichment programs that match the curriculum and goals of the school.
Field Day Coordinator
- Schedule volunteers
and help organize events on Field Day.
Food Pantry Committee and Drivers
- Help students with food pantry donation collection and driving to
the local food pantry.
Library/Book Fair Committee
- Coordinate and run the Fall and Spring Book
- Schedule volunteers
for help during class weekly library time.
- Organize events for our Boston students and their
Sudbury friends, including METCO play dates at Nixon.
- Work with District METCO Director to help connect
Boston and Sudbury families through education.
- Committee responsible for coordinating and running
Monster Mash. Areas include:
- Games, crafts, fortune telling, bake sale, cake
walk, costume contest, decorating, etc.
- Order and maintain inventory for Nixon promotional
- Sell gear at various times during the year and at
chosen Nixon events.
Picture Day Coordinators
- Act as a liaison with the vendor of Photography for
our school photos.
- On school picture day, assist photographers and
help coordinate volunteers.
Science Fair Committee
- This team works to coordinate all aspects of the
annual Science Fair.
- Responsibilities include: updating the
Science Fair website, publicizing the event, recruiting volunteer scientists for the Fair planning set up logistics.
- Helps to run the annual Family Picnic in September,
Pasta Night in November and Movie Night in January.
- This team coordinates donations and sets up Teacher
Appreciation events 4 times a year as well as small teacher “thank you” days around special holidays.
- Helps update the Nixon PTO website content and
posts the Nixon Gazette Newsletter
Wings of Wisdom Coordinator
- This is a 4th grade parent that helps
coordinate the annual Wings of Wisdom (5th grade graduation) ceremony breakfast.
- Photographers for each grade level attend events and submit
photos for inclusion in yearbook.