For more information, please contact
Angela Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shanna Theriault (email@example.com)
PTO Executive Board Member Positions
Treasurer (Experienced Volunteer looking to hand down the position as her term is
- Organized individual with a financial background
- Responsible for managing the PTO’s bank accounts
- Reporting of budget at PTO meetings
- Managing reimbursement funds
- Most work can be done from home, taxes are
- Collaborates with other Board members to develop
the annual PTO strategy and budget
- Lead the Direct Appeal Campaign throughout the school year
- Oversee and manage members of various fundraising
related committees including:
- Nixon Eats, Nixon Shops, Edukits, Square One Art,
Box Tops for Education, and Nixon Gear
- Administrative position, most work can be done from
PTO Committee Positions
Auction Committee (Many members welcome, detailed plan available)
- Committee responsible for coordinating the Annual
Auction and Parent Social fundraiser.
- Event Management, Fundraising, Ticket Sales, Donation Presentation,
- Planning begins December and work continues through first week of
- Most work can be done from home with some meetings and flexible
Directory (Established Committee looking for new members)
- Communicate with school to update online directory
at the beginning of the year and as new students arrive.
- Coordinate sales and distribution of printed
- Organization and Sales are at the beginning of the
- Most work can be done from home, in person sales
take place at Back to School Night.
Educational Enrichment (Grades K)
- Works with the teachers and administration to
identify and institute enrichment programs that match the curriculum and goals of the school.
- Contact potential outside programs to come to the
school, or arrange for field trips.
- Many enrichment programs are similar from year to
year so there is often information to work with.
- Much of the organization can be done via email and
phone calls. Each grade coordinator should plan to attend the enrichment activities they coordinate and take photos to share with the school.
Edukits Coordinator (Established Coordinator looking to work with a new
- Coordinate grade level supply lists and ordering of
supplies for the following year.
- Distribute school supplies to child’s classroom
before the beginning of school.
- Time commitment consists of working with vendor and
secure lists for teachers. Distribute flyers to students via backpack flyer. One day the week before school is spent distributing boxes to classes.
Field Day Coordinator (Established Coordinator looking to work with a new
- Schedule volunteers and help organize events on
- Time commitment is minimal to create sign up and
help set up on Field Day.
Food Pantry Committee and Drivers (Established Committee looking to work with new
- Help students with food pantry donation collection and driving to
the local food pantry.
- Time commitment can rotate through committee one Friday per
month. Collection in the morning and driving in the late morning/afternoon.
Library/Book Fair Committee (Established Committee looking to work with new
One member needed to coordinate Library Volunteer Schedule
- Coordinate and run the Fall and Spring Book
- Schedule volunteers for help during class weekly
- Committee members run the register and help with
set up and break down of the fair.
- Time commitment can vary depending on schedule
during that week. It is helpful to be flexible during 2 weeks (one in fall, one in spring).
METCO Liaisons (Looking to form a new committee to work with other school
- Organize events for our Boston students and their
Sudbury friends, including METCO play dates a few times a year.
- Work with District METCO Director to help connect
Boston and Sudbury families through education.
- Coordinate with other METCO Liaisons from
elementary schools to plan town wide events.
Monster Mash (Established Committee needing new members to run various
- Committee responsible for coordinating and running Monster
Mash. Areas include:
- Games, crafts, fortune telling, bake sale, cake walk, costume
contest, decorating, etc.
- Time commitment is minimal leading up to Monster Mash making plans
for your designated area and working the event during designated time frame.
- This event is a well loved tradition that can’t continue without
Nixon Gear (Established Committee looking to work with new members)
- Order and maintain inventory for Nixon promotional
- Sell gear at various times during the year and at
chosen Nixon events (Popsicle Playdate, Family Picnic, Back to School, Kindergarten Orientation).
- Most of the communication can be done via email and
phone calls. Not much to manage outside of the sales events.
Picture Day Coordinators (Established Committee needing new Coordinators)
- Act as a liaison with the vendor of Photography for
our school photos.
- On school picture day, assist photographers and
help coordinate volunteers.
- Time commitment is minimal, planning can be done
via email and phone calls. At school time commitment consists of actual Picture Day in Sept. and a Picture Make-up Day in early Nov.
Science Fair Committee (Established Committee looking to work with new
- This team works to coordinate all aspects of the
annual Science Fair.
- Responsibilities include: updating the
Science Fair website, publicizing the event, recruiting volunteer scientists for the Fair planning set up logistics.
- Time commitment for planning this event is about a
month ahead of the event.
- Most planning can be done via email.
Social Committee (Established Committee looking to work with new members)
- Helps to run the annual Family Picnic in September
and Pasta Night in November.
- Planning timeline consists of up to a month ahead
of the event and running the event.
- Most planning can be done via
Teacher Appreciation (Established Committee looking to work with new
- This team coordinates donations and sets up Teacher
Appreciation events 5 times a year as well as small teacher “thank you” days around special holidays.
- Time commitment for this committee is the day of
the Appreciation event as well as email communication ahead of time to coordinate donations.
Teacher Dinners (New Coordinator needed, detailed plan available)
- Provide dinner to Nixon teachers and staff on Back
to School Night and before PTO evening family events.
- Order and serve lunch buffet to the teachers on
their first day back to school at the end of August.
- Time commitment is minimal with few evenings per
Website (Established Committee looking to work with new members)
- Runs the Nixon Gazette website, providing weekly
updates to parents about the school, the PTO, and the community at large.
- Helps update the Nixon PTO website content and
posts the Nixon Gazette Newsletter.
- Work can all be done from home.
- Typical time commitment is update once a
week. Updating PTO information may be more frequent at the beginning and end of year.
Wings of Wisdom Coordinator (New Coordinator needed each year, detailed plan
- This is a 4th grade parent that helps
coordinate the annual Wings of Wisdom (5th grade graduation) ceremony breakfast.
- Time commitment is minimal. All planning can
be done ahead and set up and service of the event is no longer than 90 minutes.
Yearbook (Always looking for new members for each grade)
- Photographers for each grade level attend events
and submit photos for inclusion in yearbook.
- If you’re going anyway…might as well take lots of